Ir al contenido principal

English Language Challenges


Hello readers, in today’s blog I Will tell you a Little bit about my experience learning English at university this semester. I have always liked to learn and practice English because I think that everytime that I speak or write in this language I improve the confidence in myself. In this subject that think that I did not learn too much because maybe it was more writing than speaking and I think that this skill is the one that I need to improve more than the others. I liked to write blogs because I never did something like this before and it was nice to read my classmates comments and it feels good to know that what you are writing is going to be read by someone that maybe you do not even know. But maybe we should write about different topics, because most of them were about my career or something about it. One thing that I think that must be changed is that we should receive a feedback about our blogs and writing because if we do not know what we are doing wrong we can’t improve our grammar.
I think that I could improve my speaking and pronunciation talking with native speakers or maybe someone that knows more English that could help me and tell me what I am doing wrong. I also like to watch series in English with English subtitles so in this way I could improve my listening skills, my reading and comprehension and also it obviously helps me to improve my speaking because I try to talk in the way that they do it. I also like to listen music in English, since I was a child pop was my favourite and it helped me to have a better vocabulary.

Comentarios

  1. Listening to music is a very entertaining way to learn the language, blogs were also a very good way to learn to write.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A country I'd like to visit

I have always wanted to go to France, since I was a child the capital of France, Paris was my favorite city to visit. This country is located in Europe and it has more than 66 millions of people living there. Always, when you think in France, The Eiffel Tower comes to your mind, it is the symbol of the country and it is known all around the world. That is one of my favorite things and one of the reasons why I wish I could go. But there are many other places that I want to visit such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, Arc de Triumphe and also there are many interesting places about art as the Louve Museum.  I would like to go and spend many weeks in order to get to know many places and different cities, visit the big cities but also some small ones. France would be definitely my favorite place to go on a summer holiday, but maybe I should learn a little bit of French.

The best concert I 've ever been to.

I really like going to concerts, it is always a good time and experience, I have been to 4 big concerts and my favorite is when I went to a Maroon 5 concert. I am going to tell you a little bit about how it was and about that day.  The concert was in 2015 at Vector Arena in Auckland. Maroon 5 is a pop band from USA. The band has 7 members, Adam Levine is the vocalist.  I went with a lot of friends so I enjoyed it very much. The best thing about it is that we did not spend a big amount of money as we could have spent here in Santiago, and we were at the front row, that made this concert special and different to the ones that I have gone after and before this one, I was really close to the stage. During the concert everyone felt many emotions because they have very different and good songs.  This is one of my best memories and I hope I could go to another concert soon. 

OPINIONS

My opinion about Chilean education is that it is not good at all because it is based on students memorizing much information that they forget very soon, in that way they don't really learn. On the other hand, the number of students in a class is very high so it is difficult for the teacher to manage it and teach everyone effectively because each student has different ways of learning. Regarding the legalization of marijuana I agree that it should be legalized but in a organized way and system, with clear laws and it is very important to have education about the topic, for especially the kids, defining the disadvantages, and with this we can end the illegal sale and drug trafficking.  Recycling should be a very important issue nowadays because urgent measures must be taken to start worrying about the future of the planet and the environment, there should be laws about it to support this cause and that big companies must be more rigorously watches because industries are what p